Hello friends! Long time, no blog. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with this little blog of mine but I'd like to do more blogging this year than I've done in the past couple. We'll see how that goes. 2014 was a good reading year. At the end of 2013 I felt like I had spent too much time reading and wanted to find a balance for 2014. I think I used reading as a coping mechanism for the stress of moving internationally and I was much more stable in 2014 than I was the previous year. I read a good amount but did not let my reading get in the way of other goals and responsibilities.
I'm really excited to be back in a book club this year. I actually kicked off a new book club here in Saudi a couple months ago and had 28 women show up for the first meeting! I'm super excited to see how it pans out in 2015.
All that said, here's my list from 2014. Books I loved are * and bolded books are from book club (only 1 selection for 2014 and one I've read ahead for 2015).
The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt (I hated this book and about died when it won the Pulitzer Prize)
And The Mountains Echoed by Khaled Hosseini *
Roses by Leila Meacham
The Runaway King by Jennifer Nielsen
The Monuments of Men by Robert Edsel
The Perfume Collector by Kathlenn Tessaro
Big Stone Gap by Adriana Trigiani
The Maze Runner by James Dashner
The Invisible Thread by Laura Schroff*
The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion*
Me Before You by Jojo Moyes*
The Girl you Left Behind by Jojo Moyes
The Last Camellia by Sarah Jio
The Invention of Wings by Sue Monk Kidd*
War Brides by Helen Bryan
All the Light we Cannot See by Anthony Doerr*
Dancing on Broken Glass by Ka Hancock*
Tell the Wolves I'm home by Carol Rifka Brunt
Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor
Days of Blood and Starlight by Laini Taylor
Dreams of Gods and Monsters by Laini Taylor
If I stay by Gayle Forman
Somerset by Leila Meacham
Where she Went by Gayle Forman
The Brothers K by David James Duncan*
Very Valentine by Adriana Trigiani*
Brava Valentine by Adriana Trigiani
The Supreme Macaroni Company by Adriana Trigiani*
The Sea of Tranquility by Katja Millay*
The False Prince by Jennifer Nielsen
The Aviators Wife by Melanie Benjamin*
My name is Resolute by Nancy E. Turner*
Euphoria by Lily King
The Rent Collector by Cameron Wright*
Happy Reading Friends! Would love to know what you read and loved in 2014!
Monday, January 05, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Monique you are amazing. I am so proud of myself if I get beyond three books. Don't know how you do it, but love that you do. PS. Still loving your laundry tips!
后宫视讯聊天 , 后宫视讯聊天 , 后宫视讯聊天 , 后宫视讯聊天 , 后宫视讯聊天 , 后宫视讯聊天 , 后宫视讯聊天 , 后宫视讯聊天 , 后宫视讯聊天 , 后宫视讯聊天
Post a Comment